Sunday, January 23, 2011

Man Food Lunch



I am cutting it down to the wire for my at least-weekly-and-by-Sunday contribution. I was so excited last weekend when we decided to have the blog! And, I look forward to making Leah's first recipe, the breakfast casserole!!

The recipe I am including came from my friend, Lucy. She made these sandwiches when we visited Put-In-Bay last summer.She also sent them along when the boys went to P.I.B. for Seth's bachelor party. Seth said, "We were supposed to eat them when we were up there, but we ate them on the way!" This is the reason I call it "Man Food Lunch." Men love them! You don't typically think of a packed lunch of being something you get compliments on, but this one is a crowd pleaser. I took these along this weekend and they went over really well.

Ingredients
1 loaf Hawaiian Bread
1 Brick Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 pound shaved turkey
1/2 pound shaved ham

Allow the cream cheese to soften either in the microwave or by sitting out for a while. Cut the Hawaiian bread into three layers. Spread 1/2 of the brick of cream cheese on the bottom layer and spread all of the shaved turkey on top of the cream cheese. Place the middle layer of bread on top of the turkey and spread the other half of cream cheese on top of the middle piece of bread. Next spread the shaved ham on top of the cream cheese. Place the last layer of bread on top. Cut the entire sandwiches into eighths by cutting it in half, then in half, then in half again.

Enjoy! You can make this a day ahead or on the day you plan to serve it!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a unique way to make a "sandwhic" thats great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this twice now... big hit both times! Gracie also tried it and said it was her new favorite recipe because it is so good and easy! :)

    ReplyDelete