Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce

This is one of my favorites from Cooking Light. The blue cheese isn't too overwhelming...and its not too bad for you! If you want the nutrition facts...haha, let me know!

Ingredients:
1/2 c crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon reduced fat sour cream
1 tsp fesh lemon juice
1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
4- 6 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 c all purpose flour
2 tbsp 2% milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 c panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
1 1/2 tbsp butter, divided
6 tbsp finely chopped drained bottled roasted red bell peppers (I didn't use these...b/c I'm not a big fan of peppers)
2 tsp water
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1/2 tsp hot sauce

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl; cut horizontal slit through the thickest portion of the chicken breast and stuff the blue cheese mixture inside
3. Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine milk and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk. Place panko bread crumbs in a separate shallow dish. One piece of chicken at a time, coat with flour, then dip in egg mixture, and then in panko crumbs. Repeat flour, egg, panko for each piece of chicken.
4. Heat large ovenproof skillet over medium to high heat. (I use my cast iron skillet... and it works great). Add 1 tbsp butter to pan, swirl until butter is melted. Arranged chicken in pan and cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over and place in oven (350 degrees)  for 20 minutes or until done.
5. While chicken is baking ....combine remaining 1 1/2 tsp of butter, bell peppers, water, Worcestershire, and garlic in a small saucepan over  medium heat. Bring to simmer, cook until butter melts. Remove from heat, and stir in hot sauce. Serve with chicken. Let me know how the sauce turns out...maybe mine doesn't work as well without the peppers. I usually end up adding my own buffalo sauce to the garlic, butter, and Worcestershire.

Hope you all enjoy this! Sorry its taken me so long to post! I'm going to add one more of my favorites today!

No comments:

Post a Comment