Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jell-O Punch

Well I haven't posted anything on the RHMC blog since I first joined, but I have been taking advantage of many of your recipes - they are all delicious! I am going to try to make up for my lack of posts tonight.

My first addition for tonight is the Jell-O Punch that Amanda requested. This punch is great to make ahead, and then you have almost no work the day of your event. Our family got the recipe from one of my mom's school teacher friends, and we have used it for showers, holidays, retirement parties and weddings ever since. I think we even made it for an Ag Ed Society event in college. The best part about the punch is that you can make it any color without changing the flavor very much.



Mix together:


8 cups boiling water
4 cups sugar
2 (3 oz) packages Jell-O (any flavor, changes the color)
2 cans pineapple juice
1 (12 oz) can concentrated lemonade


Pour into 2 (1 gallon) Ziploc freezer bags (I usually double the bags). Freeze.

To serve, thaw a couple hours ahead of time. Pour one bag into punch bowl. Add a 2-liter bottle of 7-up, sprite, or Sierra Mist to bowl and mix. Will be a slushy mixture - no need to add ice or ice cream to make the punch cold. You will need 1 2-liter bottle of pop per bag of punch.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Libby, for posting! I really appreciate it and LOVE to make this punch! It is always a BIG hit at any party. I shall be asking for a punch bowl for my birthday in 2011. And yes, you did make this for the Ag Edu Society.

    ReplyDelete