Sunday, March 6, 2011

Santa Fe Enchilada Bake (That's the technical name. I call it tortilla casserole.)


I wish I had a great story about how I secured this recipe, but alas, it was on the back of a package of shredded cheese. Greg, who doesn't like Mexican food, liked it enough that I have permission to make it once a year. Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 large onion and green pepper, chopped
  • 2 cups salsa
  • 1 pkg (10oz) frozen corn, thawed & drained (I used frozen sweet corn and didn't worry about the package size)
  • 12 flour tortillas
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
Directions
Cook and stir chicken, onion, and peppers in a sprayed skilled on medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in salsa and corn. Arrange 6 tortillas on the bottom of a greased 13x9 baking dish. Cover with layers of half of the chicken mixture, half of the sour cream, and half of the cheese. Repeat the layers; cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove foil 30 minutes through baking. Cool for 5 minutes and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Back of a package of shredded cheese IS a great story! I plan to make this soon! Maybe during spring, I will make it and take it to the field!

    ReplyDelete