Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chocolate Brownie Pie


Thanks for the invite to post, Amanda. This is an awesome idea, ladies! I'll do my best to not disgrace the Mercer County name.

My first contribution is a yummy dessert with chocolate, so you know it can't be bad. One of my former students made this for me, and I was quickly hooked. It's super easy to make, and everybody that loves chocolate loves it. I'll be honest, I kind of like to show off my culinary skills, so I made it for the first time for Greg's family Christmas this year to prove my domestic worth. It looks really pretty, and it's yummy too. It was a hit, and my self-esteem was salvaged. Here goes.

Chocolate Brownie Pie
  • 1 package fudge brownie mix
  • 1 cup cold milk
  • I large package chocolate pudding
  • 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
Prepare brownies according to package directions and bake in a 9 inch pie pan until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (You'll end up scooping out the middle of the brownies, so if the middle is a little gooey, it's ok. Keep an eye on the outside edge, so it doesn't burn.) Cool completely and then scoop out the middle of the brownies, leaving a crust around the pie pan. Then, mix the pudding and milk, beating with a whisk. Stir in half of the Cool Whip and 1/4 cup of the removed brownie crumbles. Spoon into the brownie crust. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle with brownie crumbs and powdered sugar if desired.


1 comment:

  1. Rose! This looks very impressive! Prove your domestic worth??? I am sure they all love you dearly, but I know the feeling! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete