Thursday, February 3, 2011

Potato Chowder

I am excited to share and get some new recipes... thanks for inviting me.

My first post is potato chowder- a recipe I got from my mom, who I think got it from a cooking light or tastefully simple magazine. At any rate- this one is super easy, it is really tasty, and a lowfat-but-doesn't-taste-lowfat option. And, I am planning to make this for supper tonight!

What you need:
8 cups of potatoes- peeled and chopped
1 medium sized onion- chopped
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
3 cans of chicken broth (15 oz)
1 brick of cream cheese
dash of black pepper
bacon bits, scallions, shredded cheese- all for serving if you desire.

wisk the chicken broth and cream of chicken soup together in your pan. Add the potatoes, onion, and dash of pepper. Cook until the potatoes are soft. I do this on the stove at a medium heat- or I have put this in my crock pot at low for the entire day- both work great.
Once the potatoes are soft, cube the cream cheese and add it to the soup. Once the cream cheese has "melted" you are ready to eat. Serve it with bacon bits, scallions, and cheddar cheese. It will be sure to warm you up on a cold day like today... ENJOY!

1 comment: