Saturday, February 19, 2011

Skillet Cavatini with Cheesy Garlic Bread

Kurt came over for supper on Valentine's Day. I made the cavatini, and he helped make the garlic bread. I sprinkled the garlic on the bread just to be safe.

The cheesy garlic bread is my favorite reason to make cavatini or spaghetti. Some evenings when I'm the only one home for supper, I think about making just the cheesy garlic bread, but I never actually done it.

Skillet Cavatini
2 c. macaroni
1 lb. hamburger
minced onion (fresh or dried)
pepperoni
diced green peppers (optional)
1 pint or more of spaghetti and/or pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese

Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions. While boiling macaroni, brown hamburger and minced onion. Add quartered pepperoni and diced green peppers (optional) until it looks like enough. Stir in 1 pint of sauce and the macaroni. If it looks a little dry for your liking, add more sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and serve with cheesy garlic bread.

Cheesy Garlic Bread
Butter sliced bread. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 8 min. or just a little longer. The cheese should be bubbly and starting to brown a little.

I usually make at least two pieces of garlic bread per person. A few years back, Seth said he liked this cheesy garlic bread better than Pizza Hut's!

It takes me roughly 30 minutes to make this meal give or take a little.

4 comments:

  1. Jaime! I am so glad you posted this reicpe. It looks like fun to make and I am always looking for ideas for stuff Seth will like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really easy recipe! I'm super busy this week, so I think I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, this is already a Seth and Meals On Wheels farmer-style approved recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie, Thanks so much for sharing this! Since I read this blog I have probably made the garlic bread about 7 different times to go along with lasagna and other types of pasta. It's so easy and I always have the ingredients! :)

    ReplyDelete