Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Corn Dip

I as actually introduced to this recipe at New Year's Eve two years ago. Jenny W. brought it, and there were a few of us that couldn't get enough of it. I am fairly certian that she got the recipe from the Pioneer Woman, but I could be wrong. I do make it alot though. I will warn you, that this makes ALOT. So if you have a week or weekend with several things to take food to, this is a good one because you can split in half and still have plenty.

Here it is:
4 cans corn (15oz) drained
1 can chopped chilles (4oz) drained
1 can chopped jalpenos (4oz) drained
1 can black beans (15 oz) drained and rinsed
1 whole red bell pepper chopped
1 bunch scallions, chopped (and scallions are the tops of green onions- just incase you were confused:)
1 cup sour cream
1 bag finely grated Mexican Cheese (8oz)
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro- coarsely chopped

Make sure that you some what dry the chilles and jalpenos before you add them. Stir all together and enjoy
Other notes- not that I am the pioneer woman- but Jenny told me to make sure you drain everything really good- so I dump everything in my strainer and let it drain while I chop all of the veggies.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment